I took the laptop out to the hive around 9:30 pm. Daytime temperatures got above 70. Saw lots of new comb, some getting closer to syrup feeder. The syrup jar was empty. We fixed our second lid with bigger holes and more of them. Then we tested it out - lots of dripping going on. I think it's time to get a boardman feeder on the entrance. I'll go ahead and use the jar until we get something better. I have a new quarter-patty ready to drop in if the last one is eaten.
The ants have been attracted to the syrup on top of the water feeder. A mess I need to clean up now. Maybe that's why I didn't notice ants on the top bars last time I was in.